Your sump pump is one of those items you may not consider until you need it—then you trust it’s operating as it should. The good news is that the professionals at D.A. Bennett Service Experts are here to help whether you decide on new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Albany home.
Sump pumps can stop running for a few of different reasons and we’ve possibly seen it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting weird, give D.A. Bennett Service Experts a call to schedule a visit and examine your issue.
During our visit, we can give you with multiple preventive maintenance tricks to help guarantee your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or specifically, quite the contrary) when you need it most. Our staff will check your sump pump for correct operation and if we see any clue of a potential mishap, we’ll alert you immediately and discuss your options.
It is important to remember there are a few simple things that you can do to ensure you have your sump pump set up for efficiency:
- Make sure the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is standing straight and not tilting to one side since it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If time has passed since your sump pump has functioned, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is unclogged.
Because your sump pump is really a type of insurance to protect your living space and your belongings from what can be upsetting water damage, look to the experts at D.A. Bennett Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 518-205-3324
or request an appointment online.