Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Albany
You likely don’t think about your sump pump until you need it. Then you count on it working properly so your Albany basement doesn’t sustain water damage.
Sump pumps can stop running for a couple of different reasons.
We’ve seen it all. If your pump isn’t working properly, contact the Experts at D.A. Bennett Service Experts to investigate the problem.
We’ll examine your pump during our visit and provide you with preventive maintenance advice, so it won’t stop when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease running for a couple of different reasons:
- Power loss
- Lack of maintenance
- Too small of a unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch trouble
- Icy or blocked discharge lines
- Age (average expectancy is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few quick things you can do to make sure your sump pump is prepared for efficiency.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in anticipation of power surges.
- Verify the pump is upright and not tilting to one side, since this can lead the pump to not turn on when needed.
- If the pump hasn’t been on recently, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and drains the water rapidly.
- During drought-like conditions, take out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the discharge pipe’s vent hole is free of obstructions.
Trust D.A. Bennett Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a method of security to protect your home from water damage, depend on the specialists at D.A. Bennett Service Experts to ensure yours is effective.
We’ve got the expertise—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Give us a call at 518-205-3324 or request an appointment online.