According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are a result of sewer backups. The typical cost with sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. D.A. Bennett Service Experts can help by guaranteeing you have a backflow assembly as a safeguard to evade sewer backups. A lot of homeowners in Albany don’t realize they are liable for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At D.A. Bennett Service Experts, our plumbers and technicians have the experience, training and proficiency to take care of everything and anything associated to sewer service and sewer inspection.
Typical Causes of Sewer Backup
- Clogs in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is Creating your sewer to fail or clog, don’t hesitate to ring us at 518-205-3324
the second you suspect a problem to avoid as much, maybe costly, destruction to your home and plumbing system as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Make sure you are disposing of garbage correctly.
- Dumping grease down your drain will cause a blockage in the line and become a clog.
- Disposing of any paper materials excluding toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) down the toilet can cause a backup.
- Have D.A. Bennett Service Experts install and oversee a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask D.A. Bennett Service Experts to investigate for illegal plumbing connections and mend them if discovered. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will ultimately clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from damaging your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call D.A. Bennett Service Experts today at 518-205-3324
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs.