End Expensive Water Leaks in Your Albany Home
The typical home wastes 2,000 to 20,000 gallons of water every year on account of leaks, according to the Alliance for Water Efficiency.
Dripping faucets and leaky water heaters are simple to catch. But other leaks like toilet flapper valves or broken water supply lines can go undetected for too long.
A water leak can be costly. You’re paying for surplus water you don’t want, and leaks can be destructive to your home.
That’s why it’s critical to detect and repair the slightest leaks.
D.A. Bennett Service Experts is here to help you do just that. We have the knowledge for Expert leak detection and water line repair in Albany.
6 Signs You Might Have a Plumbing Leak
Finding and repairing leaks are the most popular calls we receive for plumbing services. Catching a leak immediately can help you avoid expensive water damage. Some leaks may be harder to spot than others, but there are a couple telltale signs that you need to contact a plumber in Albany. Here are the top six:
- Your water bill is higher than normal.
- Your pipes often make thumping sounds.
- There are rust stains in your sink, or your water looks rusty.
- Floors or walls appear wet or soft.
- You find water stains on the ceiling or walls.
- There’s moist soil or erosion near your house’s foundation.
How to Figure Out if You Have a Leak
If you believe you have a leak but can’t locate the signs, check your water meter:
- Ensure no water is being used inside or outside your home.
- Examine the leak indicator on your water meter. The indicator is typically a triangular dial or tiny silver disc. If the dial is spinning, you may have a leak.
We can track down the point of the leak and get it repaired before you spend more money or potentially damage your home.
Common Places for Water Leaks
With all the spots water is used in your home, there are numerous places you could find a leak.
Leaks can be triggered by broken seals around water connectors, corroded pipes, blockages and more.
They frequently occur:
- On water supply lines and connections underneath the kitchen sink
- In washing machines, especially kinds that are growing old
- In hot- and cold-water hoses connected to your washing machine
If you see evidence of a leak, we can get things back to normal. Plus, we stand behind all of our work with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Call us at 518-205-3324 or schedule an appointment online.