Gas Line Repair from the Experts in Albany

If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.

Signs of a gas leak could include the following:

  • The scent of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
  • Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances attached to the gas line, i.e. gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
  • Dead or yellowed grass, plants or other vegetation
  • People in the house experiencing symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you are dealing with any of these signs and are worried they may be due to a gas leak, leave your home and call 911 right away, followed by your utility company.

Sometimes the utility company will fix a gas leak, but in a lot of scenarios the homeowner is responsible. Fortunately, the experts at D.A. Bennett Service Experts are thoroughly trained to install or repair gas lines and we are dedicated to getting the job done right, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work comes with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!

GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER DO AS A DIY PROJECT.

While there are a lot of things to do around the house that homeowners decide to take on by themselves, gas line repair should to be left up to the experts. It is the only way to be sure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Albany codes.

From adding gas lines for a new stove or oven to doing repairs on gas lines for a heater in your garage, D.A. Bennett Service Experts’s expertise have allowed us to do a number of gas line projects in the Albany community, so no job is too tall of an order for our experts.

Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety

As mentioned before, the first thing you need to do if you are worried about a gas leak is evacuate your home and then call 911 immediately. After emergency responders are coming your way, reach out to your utility company.

Once the emergency responders and utility company have made certain there is no danger, call D.A. Bennett Service Experts to schedule a gas line repair, installation or replacement.

Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, need to be taken very seriously. Ensure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 immediately if you’re ever nervous about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide does not have a scent and can’t be easily detected. The EPA recommends a few steps to reduce exposure to carbon monoxide:
  • Keep gas appliances safely adjusted.
  • Install and take advantage of an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
  • Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
  • Have a trained professional inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and repair any leaks promptly.
For more ideas on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, look at our blog.
 
Schedule an Appointment
gas line repair