Expert Oil Furnace Repair in Albany
Furnace balking at starting? Reset button continually tripping? If your fuel oil furnace is leaving you irritated and freezing in Albany, the Experts at D.A. Bennett Service Experts can help.
Sometimes, you can repair troubles with your oil-burning furnace by yourself. There are a few things you can try before getting in touch with us for heating repair.
Common Oil Heating System Problems
- Furnace won’t start. The thermostat setting may be wrong. Make sure that it’s set to “auto” and “heat.”
- Reset button keeps tripping. This safety feature shuts down your furnace when it spots trouble. Make sure there’s fuel in the oil tank, the valves are open and the chimney is free of blockages. Once you’ve checked those things, only press the reset button once. Pressing it multiple times could cause fuel oil to accumulate and start a fire once the furnace begins heating.
- Inadequate heat. The oil or air filters could be clogged and need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Excess noise. If you hear clattering, tighten access panels. Squealing means there’s an issue with the belt or blower motor. If these components have oiling ports, put a few drops of electric motor oil on them after shutting down your furnace.
Other times, you’ll need one of our professional service technicians. Call D.A. Bennett Service Experts for oil furnace repair service when:
- Pressing the reset button doesn’t start the furnace, even when there’s fuel in the tank and valves are open
- You hear knocking sounds, which likely indicates there’s air in the fuel lines
- Oil lines are leaking
- Soot can be seen in the burner chamber
- Burner turns on but does not fire
- Other troubleshooting tips don’t fix the problem
100% Satisfaction Guarantee* Backs Our Repairs
D.A. Bennett Service Experts can find the problem when your oil furnace won’t heat.
Our specialists have gone through extensive testing to earn the most prestigious HVAC standard, ACE certification. They are ready to handle most any heating repair. And all our repairs are backed by a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.*
Periodic maintenance can help stop furnace repairs. Once we get your furnace operating, D.A. Bennett Service Experts technicians can go over a membership plan that could limit expensive repairs and make your furnace heat more efficiently. A more efficient furnace could help you save money on utility expenses.