What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by insufficient fuel combustion usually caused by insufficient oxygen. In your home, appliances that need natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are at risk. Especially if they are not working accurately or have been installed improperly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from nearby garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces could also be a carbon monoxide source. CO is toxic to the body and is deadly at increased levels or with extended exposure.