Stopping it from happening is the most essential place to start. Doing correct safety precautions will reduce your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Albany.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Idle your car outside your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours on in the restricted space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills for heat. These items are safe when run properly but can produce carbon monoxide when on for a long period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, since it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a pro. This confirms chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected properly.
- Check gas appliances are working properly, including your heating system. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe operation by scheduling yearly furnace maintenance with D.A. Bennett Service Experts.