Stopping it from happening is the most essential place to begin. Completing correct safety precautions will lower your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Albany.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Idle your car outside your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours on in the small space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills for heat. These items are safe when run properly but can make carbon monoxide when run for a long period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, since it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a pro. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected properly.
- Check gas appliances are running properly, including your heater. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe heating by scheduling yearly furnace maintenance with D.A. Bennett Service Experts.