When you run the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if the water looks clear, it could still be hiding toxic chemicals that are hazardous to your family’s health and safety. Many people do not like the taste of tainted tap water and recognize the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American families use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have healthy drinking water nearby.
If you want to safeguard your family’s health, you might first opt for trying the bottled water plan. Unfortunately, this gets costly fast. Plus, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up contaminating the world’s waterways, harming the environment and killing marine life.
Installing a whole-house water filtration system is more practical and healthier for the environment than using so much bottled water. It will also deliver healthier water more easily because you can get it right from the tap. In addition, whole-house systems supply purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, allowing you to maximize the benefits anywhere you use water at home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filtration system, learn about what’s in your water supply and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can eliminate hazardous contaminants. Then, get in touch with D.A. Bennett Service Experts to help you pick out and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality fluctuates by location, but a few of the most common contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what’s in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG files show that greater than 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America at one point tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, revealing that legal water quality levels may not be necessarily safe.
Consider Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter traps dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your tap, supplying you and your family with safe, healthy water to enjoy. Here are the benefits of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a frequent sign of sediment in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and can become concentrated in the water main soon after heavy rains. While largely harmless, sediment can make your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax offers sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in dense cities. Unfortunately, this disinfectant can generate hazardous chemical byproducts when it meets naturally occurring organic and inorganic materials in the water. Certain DPBs, including trihalomethanes (THMs), are found to cause cancer. Filtermax gets rid of these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Guaranteeing safe tap water is the goal of adding putting in any water filtration equipment. Besides being cleaner for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lingering metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more cloudy water swirling around your cup. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water for every tap: Toxic chemicals don’t just threaten you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin as you shower and stick to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so helpful because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others raise your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax illustrates that safe, clean water doesn’t have to include higher utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s structure, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will continue providing clean, quality drinking water for many years to come.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At D.A. Bennett Service Experts, we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re hoping to scale back water hardness, eliminate bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the ideal solution for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, straightforward and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local D.A. Bennett Service Experts office for help picking out a water filtration system that suits your needs and budget.