Air conditioners don’t work for a lifetime, despite the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Albany, you may be thinking—should you also book furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are some aspects to think about, plus the benefits of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, plan to replace it with your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can probably delay it.
- What model of air conditioner are you installing? A lot of homeowners are swapping out their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This saves energy and enhances comfort by running at varying speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to enjoy the full comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the proper amount of air to keep your home comfy. A new air conditioner could call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from D.A. Bennett Service Experts, can determine that static pressure of your system and provide the proper recommendation.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your wallet if you get new units at the same time.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are correctly sized, there aren’t usually any big short-term drawbacks. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system stops working. You can skip the band-aid patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these perks:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything runs at peak efficiency, making your house comfier and lowering your monthly energy costs.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you get a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might malfunction for good. In the meantime, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have covered an updated furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both put in at once. And you might even be eligible for a discount because you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on D.A. Bennett Service Experts. We understand the expense of replacing your entire system might worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special coupons or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and merely one small monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are taken care of!*
Rest assured that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job well done. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 518-205-3324 to get an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.