Summer is normally a busy time of year for many folks in Albany. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long vacation or any variety of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about busy schedules, but that dreaded Albany heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Albany heat is a must. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you don’t have to worry about it going out in the heat of the summer. Give D.A. Bennett Service Experts a call at 518-205-3324 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is operating at its highest level in the Albany heat.
- Stay in air conditioned places as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and escape to an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a few moments to rest as it may also be an early indicator of dehydration or another heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when scheduling outdoor activities. Any kind of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Albany temperatures are cooler.
- Dress to stay cooler in hot temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little cooler than usual. It can help you cool down a bit sooner so you can get back to reveling in your home’s air conditioning.