Scheduling regular AC maintenance is helpful.
Service keeps your air conditioner unit in Albany operating at its top performance while keeping electricity usage low. It also can even help prolong its life cycle.
While there are several jobs you can do by yourself, you should hire Experts, like the ones at D.A. Bennett Service Experts, for AC checks and service.
Here are a couple steps you can complete alone as you prep for warm weather.
Get Your AC Maintenance Set
Spring is a season of renewal, and to many that involves a hefty portion of home, garage and yard sprucing. With the hotter temps right around the corner, it’s also a good idea to add AC maintenance on that list.
Spring is the perfect season to get your AC equipment cleaned and inspected. Waiting to switch it on until the first sweltering day of the season can be dicey. If you have to have service or replacement, you may be waiting awhile for an appointment. And that may become very unbearable.
And for those with allergies, being one step ahead with a clean cooling system will help ensure the finest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Also, air conditioning maintenance might be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Complete Service on My Own?
There are steps that you can complete to help keep your air conditioning unit in the top condition:
- Put in a new air filter. Filthy filters restrict airflow and might reduce your system’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the model you use, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is particularly crucial if you suffer from allergies or have a cat in your house.
- Lawn maintenance around the outside condenser. Make sure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes close to your cooling unit. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also clear any leaves or branches that have fallen into your unit, because this might limit airflow.
Let the Pros Manage the Rest
What’s left to do? If you get in touch with D.A. Bennett Service Experts at 518-205-3324, the first thing we may do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already finished. Then our Experts start the finer details. We’ll inspect your equipment and make sure it’s working like it should with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to ensure safe cooling.
- Lubrication to keep moving pieces working effortlessly and potentially stay clear of breakdowns.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-creating mold and blockages.
- Aligning coil fins to stop limited airflow.
- Cleaning the outdoor coil to eliminate any accumulation from soil and grass.
- Inspecting controls to make sure your unit is turning on, cooling and shutting off properly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to make sure your equipment has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we discover problems that involve further action, we are ready to offer you the most reasonable solution. Finding potential troubles early may solve more substantial issues down the road. This also provides you time to strategize if your AC is aging.
When you need a modern cooling system, our Experts will work with you to locate the ideal unit for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new unit work for your budget. Regardless of what your AC needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Prepared to request your checkup? Call us at 518-205-3324 or schedule an appointment online today.