Scheduling regular AC maintenance is helpful.
Service keeps your air conditioner unit in Albany operating at its best performance while keeping utility usage low. It also can even help prolong its life expectancy.
While there are several things you can do by yourself, you should call the Experts, like the ones at D.A. Bennett Service Experts, for AC examinations and service.
Here are several steps you can complete by yourself as you prep for warm weather.
Get Your AC Maintenance Booked
Spring is a season of renewal, and to many that entails a hefty amount of home, garage and yard sprucing. With the hotter temps right around the corner, it’s also a good idea to add AC upkeep on that list.
Spring is the perfect season to get your AC unit cleaned and examined. Waiting to flip it on until the first sweltering day of the season can be dicey. If you have to have service or replacement, you may be waiting awhile for an appointment. And that may turn very unbearable.
And for people with allergies, being one step ahead with a clean cooling system will help ensure the finest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Plus, air conditioning maintenance might be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Finish Service on My Own?
There are steps that you can take to help keep your air conditioning equipment in the top condition:
- Change your air filter. Clogged filters restrict airflow and might lower your system’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the kind you use, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is particularly necessary if you suffer from allergies or have a cat in your house.
- Lawn maintenance around the outside condenser. Make sure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes close to your air conditioning unit. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also clear any leaves or sticks that have fallen into your unit, because this might limit airflow.
Let the Pros Manage the Rest
What’s left to do? If you ring D.A. Bennett Service Experts at 518-205-3324, the first thing we may do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already finished. Then our pros begin the nuts and bolts. We’ll inspect your unit and make sure it’s operating correctly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to ensure safe comfort.
- Lubrication to keep moving components working effortlessly and potentially stay clear of issues.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-creating mold and blockages.
- Aligning coil fins to stop reduced airflow.
- Cleaning the outdoor coil to eliminate any blockage from soil and grass.
- Checking controls to make sure your equipment is turning on, operating and turning off properly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to make sure your equipment has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we discover problems that need further action, we are set to offer you the most reasonable choice. Finding potential issues early may solve more expensive troubles down the road. This also offers you time to strategize if your system is aging.
When you need an updated AC system, our Experts will partner with you to locate the best unit for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment work for your budget. Regardless of what your AC needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Need to request your checkup? Call us at 518-205-3324 or schedule an appointment online today.