We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to review problems related to heating that Albany homeowners often call D.A. Bennett Service Experts about. Although there are theoretically hundreds of explanations why your Albany home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Listed below are the top five issues that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat malfunctions producing no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Air passage problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace overheating or poor heating control
3. Old and clogged filters resulting in airflow and comfort problems
4. Pilot light or furnace ignition issues, resulting in intermittent or no heat
5. Lack of maintenance may cause unanticipated breakdowns, poor comfort or higher energy costs (in addition to emmense homeowner frustration!)
All of these common issues can be addressed by a professionally qualified, NATE-certified technician. Technicians from D.A. Bennett Service Experts can quickly detect the problem area and make the needed repairs. Purchasing a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could protect you from almost all heating problems that leave you with no heat or low comfort levels. During a tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they run correctly and at maximum efficiency during the heating season. Important items like Carbon Monoxide checks, adequate combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also key elements to the tune-up process. Remember – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age may pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, particularly if a NATE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment regularly.
Contact D.A. Bennett Service Experts of Albany at 518-205-3324 to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.