Spring is enjoyable for more than a few reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can crack windows for outdoor air and your utility bill is commonly at its lowest. That’s because you’re not turning to your heater or cooling.
But as temps begin to rise, so do your energy charges. Here are some ideas for saving energy in Albany and keeping costs lower.
1. Schedule Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system an annual tune-up can help it work more efficiently and cut down costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep power charges less expensive.
If your cooling equipment has experienced better days, spring is a smart time to replace it. The energy-saving options in updated cooling systems is a huge advantage for keeping your utility expenses down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling bills. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Learning how to expertly use your thermostat is the best way to cut down on energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think about it this way, the smaller the difference between outside temperatures and interior temperatures, the less expensive your home comfort expense will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or turn it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Experiment with Other Methods to Cool Your House
You can take advantage of several other methods to help keep your house comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which drives cool air upward. This moves cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it moves through windows. Keep your home cooler by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny rooms.
4. Consider Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and abruptly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the full day!
Smart thermostats learn your habits and correct the temp when you’re out and about to help you save money. You can also change the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These pro tips will all help keep summer energy charges low. If you conclude it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, call our team at 518-205-3324 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the correct product for your space. And as usual, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.