When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is typically near the top of many people’s wants in Albany. A tankless water heater is a decent route for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for a later time, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which might save you a lot on energy bills. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use later on, you don’t have to pay for standby energy losses like you might with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a constant supply of hot water. They are small in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to use.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water goes through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element is going to heat it. Then it heads to the tap, where you end up with hot water. One caveat about tankless water heaters—especially for bigger households—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be great enough to accommodate several uses at once. One of our professionals will help you determine what your flow rate is and offer recommendations based on their expertise.
Some people decide to install a separate tankless water heater that’s designated to a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, many homes in the Albany area do alright with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the perks of adding one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifespan of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifetime of a normal tank heater.
- Most tankless units carry a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters almost never run out of hot water.
- You get better energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient with no standby heat loss and only use the power they need to heat the amount of water needed at any period.
- Tankless models need much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be put on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be added under cabinets or in a closet, closer to where they’ll be used.
With tankless water heaters, you eliminate the chance of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call D.A. Bennett Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater installed in your Albany home. It’s a great energy-efficient addition for your home. We have quality tankless hot water heater choices, skill and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs, 24/7/365. Give our team a call at 518-205-3324
or request an appointment with us online.